Buttercups Training are recruiting!
Apply to join our team, or share the role with your friends and family.
Work from the beautiful Buttercups House for a market leading pharmacy services training provider as an Accounts Assistant
At Buttercups Training, we are expanding our Funding, Finance and Enrolments Team.
This is a rare opportunity to join a growing SME that’s achieving great things whilst supporting a healthy work-life balance.
We aim to make it easy for pharmacies across all healthcare sectors to access mandatory training to support the development of their employees. We do this by providing engaging e-learning packages via our b-Hive platform to ensure that their learning experience is efficient and fun, whilst providing the tools required for a long and successful career in pharmacy.
We are the number 1 provider in our sector, GPhC accredited for our pharmacy programmes, listed as a main provider on the register of apprenticeship training providers, Matrix accredited, and immensely proud of our recent Ofsted grading.
We are looking for talented people to help us make those companies even more successful. You will be helping us to deliver even better educational experiences by supporting our clients with their financial requirements.
If you are passionate about accounting, have Sage experience, and would like to work for a fast-growing accredited training provider, then read on…
Joining Buttercups Training
At Buttercups Training, we are fuelled by the passion and exceptional talent of our employees. We are hungry to amaze our customers, provide exceptional learner experience and grow the business. We are focused on the quality-of-life of our team and implement roles based around employee wellness and social activity. We win together!
We are looking for people who fit our values:
- We are a Buttercups Family - Our staff are committed, respectful and loyal. We care deeply about our colleagues' welfare and well-being, and that of our learners, as well as those who look after and develop them.
- We play by the rules - Professionalism, fairness and integrity is important to us. We respect the rule of law. We believe that policies procedures are there to be followed, that confidentiality and protection of our own brand and data and that of our clients is a responsibility that we take seriously.
- We stay ahead of the game - We are innovative and forward thinking. We seek to understand and predict influences that may affect the world of pharmacy and education, so that we can improve. We invest in our future and do not sacrifice it for short-term gain.
- We are a safe pair of hands - We are accountable and take responsibility for our decisions and actions. We are trusted to get things right and when we do not, we will say so and work together with energy and positivity to put things right.
About the role
The successful applicant will have experience with Sage 200 or other Sage financial systems. Preferably, the applicant will be AAT level 2 qualified or above. There should be a close liaison between the accounts assistant and other departments (such as Funding, Enrolments, Client Relationship Team), so that invoicing issues are resolved efficiently and smoothly.
What's involved in this position?
You will ensure that clients are invoiced in an accurate and timely manner whilst assisting in the improvements of any finance processes. You will meet invoicing targets set by your line manager and deal with sales ledger related tasks such as setting up new customers, raising proforma invoices and converting to sales invoices. You will respond to internal and external queries by telephone and email and maintain accurate records of all invoicing activity within Sage 200. You will provide ad-hoc reporting as and when requested by management, liaise with the credit controller on a daily basis, send out monthly client statements and letters as may be agreed from time to time. You will undertake customer account reconciliations as required and ensure monthly processing deadlines are met as directed by your line manager.
You will also be expected to take part in standardisation and quality driven activities whilst working in line with EDI, Safeguarding and GDPR policies and procedures.
Applicants must have excellent overall IT skills and be proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite and, in particular, Microsoft Excel. A high level of accuracy, keen attention to detail and the ability to spot errors will be key attributes in the successful applicant. Excellent verbal and written communication skills will also be essential to the role.
Knowledge of the Pharmacy, Education and Training Sector is not required as full training will be provided as part of the induction process but applicants are advised that a positive, can-do attitude is an essential part of organisational culture at Buttercups Training.
Is this role right for you?
If you answer ‘Yes’ to all the below, this role is perfect for you!
- Are you passionate about accounting and education?
- Would you enjoy helping pharmacy professionals with their invoicing requirements?
- Would you like to work in a fast-growing, market-leading, training provider?
- Are you interested in working for an innovative organisation?
- Do you find it easy to communicate in verbal and written English, in a clear and friendly way?
- Do you like communicating with people via email and telephone?
- Do you believe attention to detail is important?
- Do you consider yourself passionate and driven, both about work, and about life outside of work?
- Do you love ‘going the extra mile’ to deliver outstanding customer service?
- Are you looking to work full-time (37 hours per week), Monday to Friday?
Knowledge of the Education and Training Sector is not required as full training will be provided as part of the induction process but applicants are advised that a positive, can-do attitude is an essential part of organisational culture at Buttercups Training.
You can expect competitive remuneration depending on skills and experience.
If you like the sound of this role please click the button below to apply.