Buttercups Training are recruiting!
Apply to join our team, or share the role with your friends and family.
Work from beautiful Buttercups House for a market leading pharmacy services training provider as a Junior Developer.
At Buttercups Training, we are expanding our Development Team.
This is a rare opportunity to join a growing and profitable business that’s achieving great things whilst supporting a healthy work-life balance.
We aim to make it easy for pharmacies across all healthcare sectors to access training to support the development of their employees. We do this by providing engaging e-learning to ensure that their learning experience is efficient and fun, whilst providing the tools required for a long and successful career in pharmacy.
We are the largest provider in our sector, GPhC accredited for our pharmacy programmes, listed as a main provider on the register of apprenticeship training providers, Matrix accredited, and immensely proud of our recent Ofsted grading.
We are looking for talented people to help us make those companies even more successful. You will be helping us to deliver even better user-experiences, building data-driven web applications, developing new user-facing features, providing technical support and assisting with planning, testing and implementing web development projects and user requests.
If you are a talented developer who would love to quickly grow your skills by working with our Head of Digital Strategy, and in doing so, help shape the future of pharmacy, then read on…
Joining Buttercups Training
At Buttercups Training, we are fuelled by the passion and exceptional talent of our employees. We are hungry to amaze our customers, provide exceptional learner experience and grow the business. We are focused on the quality-of-life of our team and implement roles based around employee wellness and social activity. We win together!
- We are a Buttercups Family - Our staff are committed, respectful and loyal. We care deeply about our colleagues' welfare and well-being, and that of our learners, as well as those who look after and develop them.
- We play by the rules - Professionalism, fairness and integrity is important to us. We respect the rule of law. We believe that policies procedures are there to be followed, that confidentiality and protection of our own brand and data and that of our clients is a responsibility that we take seriously.
- We stay ahead of the game - We are innovative and forward thinking. We seek to understand and predict influences that may affect the world of pharmacy and education, so that we can improve. We invest in our future and do not sacrifice it for short-term gain.
- We are a safe pair of hands - We are accountable and take responsibility for our decisions and actions. We are trusted to get things right and when we do not, we will say so and work together with energy and positivity to put things right.
About the role
We have an excellent opportunity for a junior software developer to assist in the design, development, and maintenance of our Drupal-based learning management system and website. A varied role, you will work within the digital development team to help develop innovative learning technology applications, data dashboards and system processes which will support all areas of the business.
Ideally a graduate looking for a new role, you will be motivated, driven and passionate individual. Have a keen attention to detail and be very process driven.
What we are looking for:
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Building applications to support teaching and learning within the learning management system.
- Developing modules/plugins and configuring Drupal sites to help meet teaching objectives and other business requirements.
- Reviewing industry trends and applying them to an education context.
- Maintaining course management and media systems.
- Translating UI mock-ups and graphics into responsive web interfaces.
- Any other duties within the scope of the role.
Essential Experience Required
- CMS site-building and module/plugin development.
- Git version control
- An interest in developing API integrations and working with REST
- Passion for working with open source communities
- Self-motivated and a passion to learn
- Ability to thrive in an innovative, constantly changing environment to meet the needs of the business.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills as well as organised with ability to plan workloads
- Fully conversant and embracing of the culture and ethics of the organisation.
- Drupal distribution management
- Server administration
- Previous experience with learning management/training systems
Knowledge of the Pharmacy, Education and Training Sector is not required as full training will be provided as part of the induction process but applicants are advised that a positive, can-do attitude is an essential part of organisational culture at Buttercups Training.
You can expect competitive remuneration depending on skills and experience.
If you like the sound of this role please click the button below to apply.