Level 2 Equivalent Course for Dispensary Stock Management
Our latest versions of our courses are now fully integrated into the b-Hive online learning platform. Some of the new features include:
- Online learning on any device allowing learners to study at home, work or on the go
- Interactive quizzes and content throughout the course
- Accessibility mode enabling those with additional needs to work through the course online
- Print friendly - our online courses are optimised for printing, even allowing completion of interactive content using QR codes on a smartphone
- New online end of module tests with instant feedback
- New Final Test in our online Test Zone
- Real-time course tracking in b-Hive Analytics for the training supervisor
The Dispensary Stock Management Course covers customer service, teamwork, health & safety and management of pharmaceutical stock, and meets the following units of the GPhC minimum training requirements:
- Assist with the provision of a pharmacy service to meet individuals' needs
- Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
- Contribute to the effectiveness of teams
- Receive pharmaceutical stock
- Maintain pharmaceutical stock
- Order routine pharmaceutical stock
- Assist in the issuing of pharmaceutical stock
Previously known as the MCA+ Course, the Dispensary Stock Management Course is for staff who are not involved in the assembly of prescribed items but receive pharmacy supplies and store them safely.
How will this course benefit me?
This course provides the knowledge and skills to work safely and effectively in the management of pharmaceutical stock.
How is the course delivered?
All our courses are delivered by blended learning, via the b-Hive learning system. The course consists of two modules, end-of-module quizzes to assess knowledge, activity books to be signed off by the training supervisor and a Final Test, administered under exam conditions.
As well as online access to results and our FAQ section, learners can talk to dedicated tutors year-round, including at evenings and weekends, via our out of hours helpline. In addition, learners are supported throughout their course by a workplace training supervisor who is nominated on enrolment to review and invigilate work based activities and assessments, ensuring the learner is competent in the workplace. To aid them in this role the training supervisor will have access to the b-Hive Learner Analytics dashboard through which they can easily filter and view the progress and expected progress of their learner(s). This dashboard will display real-time data to provide a snapshot of whether a learner is on target or requires further support on a particular area of the course.
Covers the key responsibilities with regards to health and safety, SOPs and safeguarding the public. Learners will understand the roles of the wider team and the importance of team work, and be introduced to effective communication and customer service.
As well as online access to results and our FAQ section, learners can talk to dedicated tutors year-round, including at evenings and weekends, via our out of hours helpline.