Non-Levy-Paying (SME) Employers
Unfortunately, we have not had our allocation of funding for apprentices based at small to medium sized employers extended. As such, we will not be able to deliver further apprenticeships for non-levy paying employers for the time being. We will update our Latest News section as and when this changes. Please be assured however that we do have funding available to continue delivery to existing apprentices.
This lack of funding is not limited to just Buttercups Training, or even the healthcare sector - funding for apprenticeships for small and medium employers is limited across all sectors: feweek.co.uk
This will also mean that we will be unable to help non-levy paying employers to advertise on the National Apprenticeship Service account for any apprenticeship vacancies.
In the meantime we are, as always, able to offer non-funded programmes for the training needs of any learners. The following non-funded options are available for non-levy paying employers:
|Apprenticeship programme||Non-funded alternative 1||Non-funded alternative 2|
|Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Pharmacy (dispensing assistant training)||Dispensing Assistant Course (GPhC accredited and equivalent to level two)||Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills OR Level 2 NVQ Certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills (No GPhC Registrant Supervision)|
|Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in Pharmacy (pharmacy technician training)||Pre-Registration Pharmacy Technician Programme||Senior Dispenser Programme (appropriate for dispensing doctors practices, or dispensaries with no pharmacist or pharmacy technician on site)|
Further information on these alternatives including costs and durations, can be accessed via the above links.
Please rest assured that we are dedicated in our work to promote and encourage apprenticeships as an option for training and we will be applying again for growth from the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) as soon as we are able to - however we understand that there are currently no windows planned for this.
Please note, this only affects our non-levy paying employers, we are still able and eager to deliver apprenticeship training to existing and new levy paying customers.
The ILM Level 3 Diploma for Managers has been developed to build management and leadership capability across your organisation. The programme enables existing and aspiring first line managers to:
- Build leadership capability to engage and motivate teams
- Develop techniques to influence with confidence
- Use management and leadership practices to drive business growth and performance
How will this course benefit me?
The course is designed to help learners reflect on their current management and leadership style and to consider how individuals can tailor their style and approach to achieve the best outcomes for their teams and their businesses. Developing whilst working on the job provides the best way to put learning into action immediately. The opportunity to network with managers from within or outside of the organisation enables sharing of rich experiences and insight. The ILM Level 3 Diploma for Managers maps fully to the ‘on programme’ elements of the Team Leader / Supervisor Apprenticeship Standard, and can be funded using the apprenticeship levy.
How is the course delivered?
Delivered using a blended learning approach, we work with you to ensure the programme is designed to work for your delegates, learners will participate in:
- Skill based workshops
- Self-study modules
- Workplace activities
- Online Learning
The ILM Level Diploma for Managers consists of 17 mandatory units, aimed at developing knowledge, skills and behaviours in the following areas:
To be eligible for Apprenticeship funding, the following criteria must be met:
- Learners must live and work in England and have been a resident in the EU for a minimum of 3 years
- Learners cannot be in full time education and must be aged 16 years old or above
- Learners must hold a National Insurance Number
- Learners must hold a contract of employment and be working a minimum of 16 contracted hours per week
- Learners cannot be enrolled onto another government funded programme
- Learners cannot hold a Level 4 qualification or above, unless the qualification if "materially different" from the Apprenticeship Standard for Team Leader / Supervisor. Any queries in relation to prior qualifications and their content in relation to the Apprenticeship programme will be passed to our Principal Pharmacist
- 20% off the job training must be delivered, in relation to the apprentice's contracted working hours. Off the job training includes online learning, practical training through shadowing and mentoring, alongside learning support and time spent writing assessments and assignments. Buttercups will work with the employer to agree a training plan prior to enrolment. Please note, time within work for any Functional Skills courses must be allowed in addition to this 20% off the job training for the Diploma.
- Learners must be on programme for a minimum of 12 months from their start date with Buttercups.