- You are a Pharmacist who qualified outside of the European Union.
- You are a Pharmacy Technician who qualified outside of the European Union.
- You are a Pharmacy Graduate in the United Kingdom who is unable to register as a pharmacist or complete their Pre-Registration year.
- You have partially completed the Pharmacy Technician training programme in the United Kingdom, with a different course provider, starting no earlier than September 2010.
- You must be able to provide proof of your qualifications along with translations if required.
- To satisfy GPHC requirements you must also be working in a dispensary in the UK for a minimum of 14 hours per week, under Pharmacist supervision.
- You should provide a copy of your CV which outlines your working experience in pharmacy related roles if your qualifications are more than 5 years old.
- Any CPD based on your pharmacy skills should be submitted.
If you match one of the four scenarios above and you want to formally qualify as a Pharmacy Technician in the United Kingdom then Buttercups Training can map your existing qualification against the current qualification framework and advise which underpinning knowledge modules you will need to study, alongside the NVQ units, to provide you with the GPHC approved qualifications that are essential to the registration process.
How does it work?
- The first stage is to download and complete the enrolment form.
- You are then advised to make copies of your qualifications and attach them to the enrolment form.
- If your qualifications are not written in English, you are required to provide a translation to accompany your certificates that are signed by a registered translator and counter-signed by your pharmacist in the place of work that you will be undertaking the qualification.
- You will then send in your enrolment form along with copies of your qualifications, translations, CV and CPD (if applicable).
- When Buttercups Training has received your enrolment form and qualifications you will be sent an invoice for £200 + VAT to cover the cost of the RPL process.
- Once you have paid the invoice, Buttercups Training will complete the RPL process within 10 working days.
- After completing the RPL process, Buttercups Training will provide you with written confirmation of what you need to complete in order to obtain GPHC approved qualifications that are essential to the Pharmacy Technician registration process.
- On receipt of written confirmation: You may enrol on to the Pre-registration Pharmacy Technician Programme, taking into account your accreditation, with a discount of £200 + VAT against the course fee or you may choose not to enrol.
Please be advised that should you choose not to enrol, any monies you have paid for the RPL process are non-refundable.
You have up 24 months to complete the course with Buttercups, although with RPL it may be possible to complete this significantly earlier. However, unless you are exempt the requirement for 24 months of work experience could still mean that you will be unable to register as a Pharmacy Technician in under 24 months.
Click for further details on the exemptions to work experience or contact GPHC on 0203 713 8000:
Full Cost Details
RPL Process: £200 + VAT
Once the RPL process is complete, if you wish to enrol on to the Pre-registration Pharmacy Technician Programme, the £200 RPL fee will be deducted from the course fee.
Full course fee*:
£1540 + VAT for the online e-learning course
£1860 + VAT for the paper-based course
*Depending on the amount of RPL awarded it is possible that the full course fee may also be reduced.