At Buttercups Training, we use a range of different teaching techniques to best suit the needs of our learners. We sometimes refer to these techniques as 'blended learning'. This is a quick overview of what specifically we mean when we refer to blended learning on our website.
- Face-to-face workshop and study days – is a more established view of teaching in a classroom-style environment with a group of learners.
- Buttercups virtual classrooms – are interactive online classrooms with a Buttercups tutor. You will have to book in to join them and you will hear those participating.
- Broadcast webinars – are a more structured version of our virtual classroom, delivered in a lecture-like way. If you attend live webinars, you will be able to type questions to ask the tutor.
- e-Learning – online interactive learning using our suite of education tools, such as the b-hive and Virtual Pharmacy.
- 1 to 1 tutorials – online, face to face, or over the telephone: we can tailor a teaching session to your specific needs.
- Out of hours learner support line – there is always an assessor on hand to help with any queries you may have in the evening or at weekends. The learner helpline is available year-round.
- The Virtual Pharmacy – is an interactive learning tool which simulates various medicines counter scenarios and gives real-time feedback on the decisions you make.
- Directed learning – is guidance and questions on how to research and develop your skills, knowledge and behaviour using the latest pharmacy resources. This especially helps you to keep up to date beyond your course with Buttercups, which is vital for ongoing personal development.
- Published course materials – many of our courses will have written text book like teaching to accompany the learning experience. These materials are kept up to date by our team of industry experienced in-house developers and are available to be printed for those who like to annotate as part of their learning style.