The Apprenticeship in Pharmacy Programme provides learners with skills and knowledge regarding legal aspects and procedures within a dispensary. This programme meets the GPhC minimum training requirements for dispensing assistants / pharmacy assistants.
The Apprenticeship programme consists of the BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Pharmaceutical Science (QCF), Level 2 Certificate in Pharmacy Service Skills (NVQ)(QCF), Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths and English and Employee Rights and Responsibilities Workbook. If the learner is exempt from Functional Skills Level 1 in Maths and / or English they will need to complete Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and / or English, unless their existing qualifications also exempt them from Level 2. Buttercups Training work in partnership with lead providers to access funding for the Apprenticeship in Pharmacy programmes. Learners enrolled onto the Level 2 Apprenticeship programme must be on programme for a minimum of 12 months before their completion of the programme; our Delivery Plans are tailored to accommodate this.
Please note, for non-levy employers, Buttercups Training works with main providers to secure funding for Apprenticeship in Pharmacy programmes. Within our non-levy funding contracts, we have funding availability for learners aged 19+ and limited funding available for 16 - 18 year old learners.
To be eligible for Apprenticeship funding, the following criteria must be met:
- Learners must live and work in England and have been a resident in the EU for a minimum of 3 years
- Learners cannot be in full time education and must be aged 16 years old or above
- Learners must hold a National Insurance Number
- Learners must hold a contract of employment and be working a minimum of 16 contracted hours per week
- Learners cannot be enrolled onto another government funded programme
- Learners cannot hold a Level 4 qualification or above, unless the qualification is "materially different" from the Apprenticeship in Pharmacy framework. Any queries in relation to prior qualifications and their content in relation to the Apprenticeship programme will be passed to our Principal Pharmacist
- 20% off the job training must be delivered, in relation to the apprentice's contracted working hours. Off the job training includes online learning, practical training through shadowing and mentoring, alongside learning support and time spent writing assessments and assignments. Buttercups will work with the employer to agree a training plan prior to enrolment. Please note, time within work for any Functional Skills courses must be allowed in addition to this 20% off the job training for the BTEC and NVQ courses.
- Learners must be on programme for a minimum of 12 months from their start date with Buttercups.
Enrolment packs for funded programmes must be posted to:
Castlebridge Office Village,
Castle Marina Road,
Nottingham NG7 1TN
If you are based within a Dispensing Doctors Practice, please visit the Apprenticeship (no pharmacist) Programme (APP-DD)