Hate crimes are any crimes that are targeted at a person because of hostility or prejudice towards a
person's disability, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, sexual orientation or transgender identity. This can be committed against a person or property and can have a
devastating impact on the individual or group that is being targeted. A victim does not have to be a member of the group
at which the hostility is targeted. In fact, anyone could be a victim of a hate crime.
What we do
- We will increase awareness and encourage staff and learners to report hate incidents
- We will be approachable and provide support and reassurance for victims of hate crime
- We will help to develop the self-confidence and self-esteem of all staff and learners
- We will promote an anti-bullying ethos amongst the staff and learner community and reinforce the Buttercups Anti-Bullying Policy with new and existing staff members
- We will ensure that the Pharmacy has an anti-bullying policy and procedure in line with our own
- We review our learners' welfare regularly via telephone reviews and/or learner welfare visits (for 16-19 year old learners)
- We provide advice and information on the Stay Safe section of our website including details of national organisations that can help
What I will do
- I will be aware of my own behavior and how that might affect others
- If I feel safe enough to do so, I will stand up to people that are directing hate at others and report them
- I will be respectful of others
- I will support others that have been affected by hate crime
- I know that I can report my concerns to the Safeguarding and Welfare Team at Buttercups
If you are worried or have any concerns, please contact the Buttercups Safeguarding and Welfare Team.
OFFICE HOURS: 0115 937 4936
OUT OF HOURS: 07483 038898
OTHER USEFUL RESOURCES
STOP HATE UK
A comprehensive resource covering all aspects of bullying - at work, school, online, in the family, homophobic bullying and sexual bullying.
Pharmacist Support is an independent charity set up to provide help and support to pharmacy students, pre-registration (pharmacist) trainees, pharmacists, retired pharmacists and their families in times of need.